What should I know about buying my first 4 plex in Phoenix AZ?

What should I know about buying my first 4 plex in Phoenix AZ?

Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2018 · 420 posts · 388 votes
I have 2 SFR’s under my belt in the North Phoenix/Scottsdale area. I’m looking to make a move toward house hacking a 4plex in the Phoenix area. What kind of metrics should I be using to compare opportunities? Cap rates are all over the place and I’d love some pointers on things to avoid!! Please help!
0Reply
9 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix Tempe Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2014 · 184 posts · 55 votes
    7y

    When you run rental comps on multi family check for

    -Comps offering lower security deposits

    -what utilities are generally included in the area

    -if comps are offering in unit laundry (this can warrant up to $100 more rent per month)

    -If they comps are offering onsite or no laundry

    -How long ads are up to gauge vacancy times

    Most 4 plexes have combined water sewer, trash, and separate meter but always confirm they are separately metered. Check on the condition of all HVAC units. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 254 posts · 100 votes
    7y

    @Account Closed Any luck finding a 4plex?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.