Real Estate Agent · Santa Rosa California · Member since 2018 · 30 posts · 4 votes
I am wondering if anyone in the Sacramento area in specific Fair Oaks has experience with rd5 zoning. I am thinking of putting an offer on a 0.94 acre property which has 3 major fixer upper individual units on it. One of the units used to be a duplex but is now a single family house. As far as I know the land is dividable into 4 to 5 parcels which can be sold off seperately with this particular zoning. I am not interested in doing that. I would just like to at some point place two more units on the property. Anyone know if that is possible without having to go through the process of dividing the land? I have been trying to get ahold of the permit department in Sacramento but it has not been easy. I will still drive out there and go in in person and hope for an answer but I just wanted to see if anyone has any experience.. thank you in advance
Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 302 posts · 206 votes
7y
I don't know about that zoning is particular but I do know a couple things that might be pertinent.
If you have any question for the building department it's MUCH better to just go there and ask them. (300 Richards Blvd) You'll probably have to go a bunch of times and navigate all the desks but you'll get the answer eventually. And no a phone call wont work, I've tried.
Also be aware of the following, I have a 4-plex downtown that had zoning for 2 more units and I started the Sacramento building department "process" in August 2017 and we have just now this month broken ground on the new units. And none of that wasted time had anything to do with me taking my time to get things going. Be sure to factor that in your planning.
Flipper/Rehabber · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2016 · 807 posts · 815 votes
7y
Yeah phone calls won't work out. I've had to go in several times for minor things. Luckily the lines aren't too long. Are you looking for fixers in the Sacramento area? My team does marketing to find these, maybe we can help you :]