Investing in a property (Due diligence list)

Investing in a property (Due diligence list)

Investor · Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2018 · 59 posts · 18 votes

Hello everyone,  

I am trying break into the real estate investing industry.  I live in Sonoma County, CA and looking to invest in Indianapolis, IN.  I took a trip out to Indy and was shown around by a realtor.  I checked out some properties and the market was a little too hot.  Needless to say I didn't make any offers.  The point of the trip was to see the area I wanted to invest in.  Goal is to obtain doubles, and single family real estate properties. 

My question to everyone is....

What is your list of due diligence and or process you go through to analyze a potential deal? 

example:  neighborhood class, A,B,C?  Rent range, Inspections, flood zone, crime, history of the area, and so on.  

I'm just looking for some others opinions in the analyzing process.  

Thank you all in advance. 

Rob Nappi   

1Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    Robert as a whole the market is good, but there's always deals to be had.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.