Renting Houses with large land property

Renting Houses with large land property

San Diego, CA · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 4 votes

Hello everyone,

I am thinking about buying a 3/1 SFH that is located on .91 acres.

Are there any issues or anything that anyone has experienced, as far renting that much property? I was concerned that there might be issues getting that large of property rented and/or having tenants maintain that. 

Thank you for any help! 

Aaron

0Reply
22 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Riverside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    @Aaron Gilmore tenants won't maintain it, and it is unlikely you'd get any extra rent for the lot size, almost an acre is a lot of landscaping to water.  It may also be on septic, which isn't an issue in and of itself but it can become one if not properly monitored.

  • Rental Property Investor · NH (new hampshire) · Member since 2017 · 53 posts · 22 votes
    7y

    @Aaron Gilmore

    I rent on 2 acres. My wife and I take care of everything. My landlord's (are awesome) live on the other side of the country. They visit once a year and I rarely talk to them more than that. The house was built over two centuries ago. We have freedom to do whatever we think is best and we were raised to know right from wrong. We wouldn't do anything to jeopardize our relationship. Get the right tenants, cultivate the landlord/tenant relationship. State expectations.

    Part of me will be very sad when we purchase a duplex this summer. Our current landlords will know that they can always reach out to us for help in the future. Good people can find good people that they can rely on.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.