Help Needed Trying to Sell Off Market - How do I do it?

Help Needed Trying to Sell Off Market - How do I do it?

Investor · Short Gap, WV · Member since 2016 · 160 posts · 38 votes

This may see like a basic question, but I am in need of some clarification. Currently I am selling a cheap house that I picked up a couple weeks ago. When I purchased it, it seems so simple. We signed the contract, they had it notorized, then we went to the courthouse and had the deed moved over to me. For some reason, I'm having a difficult time trying to do the same to sell it. 

My question is this. How do I sell a property off market? Do I need to work with an attorney who will do the closing (I'm not sure what all they do)? Or can I just get a generic AS-IS or cash purchase contract? I have been delaying selling the property because I don't fully understand the process. I only have it listed for 8k due to it's rough condition, and won't be making too much profit, so I'm trying to figure out how to do the process without paying too much extra. I have been in contact with a local closing attorney and know that it would cost me about $150 for a contract from them. If they were to handle the closing, it would cost the buyer $650 and the seller $325. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! -Dakoda

0Reply
6 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.