Hard Money and Private Lenders in Indianapolis

Hard Money and Private Lenders in Indianapolis

Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 2 votes

Hey guys,


I'm finishing up my first full gut rehab and we are set to list tomorrow or Friday. It took longer than expected and there were a lot of stressful days but it was quite a learning experience and I'm glad we did it.

I'm reaching out to see if theres any hard money lenders that you guys recommend? The one my partner and I used on this project was great at first. But halfway through, I'm not sure if it was a lack of organization or lack of funds on their part but they became difficult to work with. Payments to our contractors weren't being made, invoices weren't being completed, they tried charging us fees that were never agreed upon in our contract, etc. It stretched our project out over a month when it should have been completed and ready for listing. Luckily through a couple wholesale deals I've done during this time, I was able to make some payments to our contractors just to keep them happy and working as well as buy materials for the house.

Are there any hard money lenders you guys can recommend here in Indianapolis? I would love to work with private lenders but seems most of the people I've talked with are interested in lending at first but change their minds shortly after.

Really just looking for someone dependable. Any recommendations? I appreciate it!

2Reply
34 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · El Paso, TX · Member since 2015 · 379 posts · 201 votes
7y

@Aaron H. The best way to find a hard money lender is by talking to others that are doing the same as you in your town. Look up and see who bought a property cash, rehabbed and flipped by going on zillow or mls. Contact those guys and let them know what you are trying to accomplish. What a lot of people forget in this industry is that people get paid to refer others business so it's not like you are taking from them. You are more than likely going to be helping them out. They will refer you to their hard money lender and if all goes well, that lender will pay them a referral fee and you get a reputable lender. 

Hope that helps, 

Louis

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    never used hard money but they have spoke on Long Horn investments for a HML at the REIA meeting......hopefully that helps

  • Flipper/Rehabber · El Paso, TX · Member since 2015 · 379 posts · 201 votes
    7y

    @Aaron H. The best way to find a hard money lender is by talking to others that are doing the same as you in your town. Look up and see who bought a property cash, rehabbed and flipped by going on zillow or mls. Contact those guys and let them know what you are trying to accomplish. What a lot of people forget in this industry is that people get paid to refer others business so it's not like you are taking from them. You are more than likely going to be helping them out. They will refer you to their hard money lender and if all goes well, that lender will pay them a referral fee and you get a reputable lender. 

    Hope that helps, 

    Louis

  • Greenwood, IN · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Tito Burgos do you have know of anyone doing multifamily financing?

  • Greenwood, IN · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @titos burgos  do you know of anyone doing multifamily loans or private loans 

  • Rental Property Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2015 · 623 posts · 155 votes
    7y

    @Aaron H. I suggest going to local meetups and asking there. I can give you a friends name in Indy that might do HML but I'm not sure. DM me.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.