Foreign investor looking for financing in Cleveland OH

Foreign investor looking for financing in Cleveland OH

Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 1 vote

Hi everyone,

I am a foreign investor living in the united kingdom. I am looking to invest in 50k single family homes in Cleveland OH. My bank would only finance 4 of these buys. I could not find another bank to finance these deals. How can I proceed if I wish to finance more buys? 

Thanks

Regards

1Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 271 posts · 259 votes
7y
Originally posted by @James Wise:

@Olivier M. Beyond getting your lending squared away it's very important that you get a firm understanding of the different types of neighborhoods that we've got here in Cleveland. A lot of out of market folks just run to the cheapest inventory. That is not always the smart move so I created The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods for out of state investors to research the Cleveland market to see what's what. Give that bad boy a read.

 
This guide is amazing. How did you create the block view with the different zones? Would love to do that for my market.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Olivier M.:

    Hi everyone,

    I am a foreign investor living in the united kingdom. I am looking to invest in 50k single family homes in Cleveland OH. My bank would only finance 4 of these buys. I could not find another bank to finance these deals. How can I proceed if I wish to finance more buys? 

    Thanks

    Regards

     Getting mortgages if you're located outside of the USA is very difficult. However here are some lenders who may be able to assist you. When you contact these lenders you'll want to ask for foreign nation mortgages under ITIN.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y

    @Olivier M. Beyond getting your lending squared away it's very important that you get a firm understanding of the different types of neighborhoods that we've got here in Cleveland. A lot of out of market folks just run to the cheapest inventory. That is not always the smart move so I created The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods for out of state investors to research the Cleveland market to see what's what. Give that bad boy a read.

  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Olivier M.:

    Hi everyone,

    I am a foreign investor living in the united kingdom. I am looking to invest in 50k single family homes in Cleveland OH. My bank would only finance 4 of these buys. I could not find another bank to finance these deals. How can I proceed if I wish to finance more buys? 

    Thanks

    Regards

    Keep shopping around. There are a few lenders that will work with UK investors.

    Be sure you know what areas you are getting yourself into. There are some Cleveland neighborhoods that can be very risky. 

  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    7y
    Thanks. I will contact them.


    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Olivier M.:

    Hi everyone,

    I am a foreign investor living in the united kingdom. I am looking to invest in 50k single family homes in Cleveland OH. My bank would only finance 4 of these buys. I could not find another bank to finance these deals. How can I proceed if I wish to finance more buys? 

    Thanks

    Regards

     Getting mortgages if you're located outside of the USA is very difficult. However here are some lenders who may be able to assist you. When you contact these lenders you'll want to ask for foreign nation mortgages under ITIN.

  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    7y
    I always use your map to make sure the properties I look at are in the right area. By the way, I am sure many investors would benefit from an update of the map ;-)

    Originally posted by @James Wise:

    @Olivier M. Beyond getting your lending squared away it's very important that you get a firm understanding of the different types of neighborhoods that we've got here in Cleveland. A lot of out of market folks just run to the cheapest inventory. That is not always the smart move so I created The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods for out of state investors to research the Cleveland market to see what's what. Give that bad boy a read.

  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    7y
    I have not found any so far willing to finance SFH valued at 50-60k. The minimum loan is often 75k. If you are aware of lenders feel free to PM me with there contact details.

    Originally posted by @Tom Ott:
    Originally posted by @Olivier M.:

    Hi everyone,

    I am a foreign investor living in the united kingdom. I am looking to invest in 50k single family homes in Cleveland OH. My bank would only finance 4 of these buys. I could not find another bank to finance these deals. How can I proceed if I wish to finance more buys? 

    Thanks

    Regards

    Keep shopping around. There are a few lenders that will work with UK investors.

    Be sure you know what areas you are getting yourself into. There are some Cleveland neighborhoods that can be very risky. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 271 posts · 259 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @James Wise:

    @Olivier M. Beyond getting your lending squared away it's very important that you get a firm understanding of the different types of neighborhoods that we've got here in Cleveland. A lot of out of market folks just run to the cheapest inventory. That is not always the smart move so I created The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods for out of state investors to research the Cleveland market to see what's what. Give that bad boy a read.

     
    This guide is amazing. How did you create the block view with the different zones? Would love to do that for my market.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jim K.:
    Originally posted by @James Wise:

    @Olivier M. Beyond getting your lending squared away it's very important that you get a firm understanding of the different types of neighborhoods that we've got here in Cleveland. A lot of out of market folks just run to the cheapest inventory. That is not always the smart move so I created The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods for out of state investors to research the Cleveland market to see what's what. Give that bad boy a read.

     
    This guide is amazing. How did you create the block view with the different zones? Would love to do that for my market.

     Thanks man appreciate it. Just be careful you don't want some dipstick publishing an article calling your a racist because of your guide.

    https://www.citylab.com/equity/2018/11/redlining-cleveland-investors-home-prices/574153/

  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    7y
    I read this article... not all of it thought :)
    Similar map is available on niche.com cleveland neiborghood map.

    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Jim K.:
    Originally posted by @James Wise:

    @Olivier M. Beyond getting your lending squared away it's very important that you get a firm understanding of the different types of neighborhoods that we've got here in Cleveland. A lot of out of market folks just run to the cheapest inventory. That is not always the smart move so I created The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods for out of state investors to research the Cleveland market to see what's what. Give that bad boy a read.

     
    This guide is amazing. How did you create the block view with the different zones? Would love to do that for my market.

     Thanks man appreciate it. Just be careful you don't want some dipstick publishing an article calling your a racist because of your guide.

    https://www.citylab.com/equity/2018/11/redlining-cleveland-investors-home-prices/574153/

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.