Tax lien/tax deed investing

Tax lien/tax deed investing

Member since 2018 · 57 posts · 3 votes

I have just been sent a price quote for a property Im very interested in but I'm still very skeptical. I believe that if it hasn't been in the states possession longer than 3 years then it'll be an assignment, but if it has then you get the tax deed. After researching I find out that no matter when it was sold to the state, after I start possession there will still be a 3 year redemption period. There seems to be people staying there so it is not vacant. Can I do an eviction with an assignment? I have until next month before the price quote expires but as soon as I figure out how to handle it being occupied I will take action immediately. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

0Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Attorney · Cabot, AR · Member since 2016 · 130 posts · 39 votes
    7y

    What state are you referring to?

    If you are looking in Arkansas, I might be able to help.

  • Member since 2018 · 57 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Alabama unfortunately, how does the process work in Arkansas? 

  • Attorney · Cabot, AR · Member since 2016 · 130 posts · 39 votes
    7y

    In Arkansas, I usually combine the eviction with the confirmation and quiet title process (court action.) Of course, the first thing to try is asking the occupants if they'd be willing to move out for cash. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.