Heloc/Cash out investment property

Heloc/Cash out investment property

Real Estate Agent · Ashburn, VA · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 4 votes

Hi Everyone,

I have an investment property that I own currently. The house is appraised to approximately about 340,000 and I have a loan of about $220,000 left. I have been encountering difficulties with cashout/Helocs on investment properties with credit unions/ banks. 

I am able to find lenders who are willing to do 75%, but I am looking for 80%. Primarily this money will be used for downpayment for new property. I have excellent credit and able to provide W2 and all the required documentation too. Any suggestions for banks/unions in virginia who are able to help?  

Thank you everyone. Looking for any suggestions on how to pull 80%. 

0Reply
8 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Northern, CA · Member since 2012 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
7y

@Paras Gupta PenFed Credit Union does HELOCs on investment properties up to 80% LTV.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2017 · 428 posts · 205 votes
    7y

    @Paras Gupta Hi Paras! Is the property a single family house or multi family? With conventional financing (which conforms to Fannie/Freddie guidelines), most lenders are limited to 75% LTV for cash out refinances on 1 unit investment properties. If you want to get 80% LTV cash out, youll likely have to work with a portfolio lender. Ill message you about the programs my company offers.

  • Rental Property Investor · Northern, CA · Member since 2012 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    7y

    @Paras Gupta PenFed Credit Union does HELOCs on investment properties up to 80% LTV.

  • Investor · Taylor Mill, KY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 964 votes
    7y

    @Paras Gupta Keep calling places, they're out there.

  • Real Estate Agent · Ashburn, VA · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Thank you. I will keep calling places, and will check with PenFed. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.