Private Lender for Rental pProperty Investment

Private Lender for Rental pProperty Investment

Member since 2019 · 26 posts · 15 votes

Hello everyone, 

I have a quick question about buying a rental Investment property with cash. I am intending to buy this property as a cash purchase. Then I will pay monthly interest ONLY (no principal) to my private lender. This lender lives outside the US. Can I still deduct loan interest during taxes to reduce my tax from rental income? Secondly can I deduct depreciation on my rental property even though I am an individual and not a LLC?

Also any recommendations for CPA sepcializing in real estate would be awesome.

Thanks! 

0Reply
9 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Greer, SC · Member since 2013 · 548 posts · 271 votes
    7y

    Yes, and yes.  Get a referral from your local Reia for a CPA.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.