What Real Estate Phase are we in right now?

What Real Estate Phase are we in right now?

Financial Advisor · FL · Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 1 vote

Is it safe to say we are in sale Phase 2? It seems good deals are harder to find and most of my Investor friends are off loading their portfolios. What do you think?

0Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Chris MasonPro Member
Moderator
Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
7y
Originally posted by @Lazaro Dinh:

Is it safe to say we are in sale Phase 2?  What do you think?

 If anyone claims to know that, your next question should be "OK, so you claim to 'know' that... why are you talking to me? Why are you in Oakland meting with me, and not on Wall Street charging $25,000 an hour for your knowledge and services?"

I get this question about "where rates will go" all the time. If I knew, then doing your refi wouldn't be the highest and best use of my time! I'd be engaged in lawful insider trading on Wall Street...

(Insider trading is legal for real estate, ask any builder.)

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Paradise Valley, AZ · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Lazaro Dinh:

    Is it safe to say we are in sale Phase 2? It seems good deals are harder to find and most of my Investor friends are off loading their portfolios. What do you think?

     We are at the top of the market.

  • Rental Property Investor · Ithaca, NY · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Lazaro Dinh

    Where are you looking? What kind of properties are you looking at, commercial or residential?

    I’ll say in my region: the commercial retail market is taking a massive nose dive, that I can be certain of. Industrial properties are seeing positive numbers because of e-commerce, buildings are in high demand. Prices in Upstate NY are stable for residential properties year over year.

  • Chris MasonPro Member
    Moderator
    Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Lazaro Dinh:

    Is it safe to say we are in sale Phase 2?  What do you think?

     If anyone claims to know that, your next question should be "OK, so you claim to 'know' that... why are you talking to me? Why are you in Oakland meting with me, and not on Wall Street charging $25,000 an hour for your knowledge and services?"

    I get this question about "where rates will go" all the time. If I knew, then doing your refi wouldn't be the highest and best use of my time! I'd be engaged in lawful insider trading on Wall Street...

    (Insider trading is legal for real estate, ask any builder.)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.