Seller not in the United States??

Seller not in the United States??

Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 0 votes

So I have a seller ready to sell for a great discount but they’re currently living out of country for work

It is them and their aunt (who lives locally) that need to sign. I know I can use DocuSign to form the contract (it is a wholesale deal) but how will i structure the deal with the seller out of country?

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for any helpful advice! 

0Reply
24 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Boise/Portland · Member since 2017 · 709 posts · 742 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jared Garza:

    So I have a seller ready to sell for a great discount but they’re currently living out of country for work

    It is them and their aunt (who lives locally) that need to sign. I know I can use DocuSign to form the contract (it is a wholesale deal) but how will i structure the deal with the seller out of country?

    Thank you from the bottom of my heart for any helpful advice! 

     Jared, I don't know about structuring the deal as you asked, but I can advise you regarding the deal needing to be legally signed.

    The ONLY qualified entity that can legally notarize a Real Estate Purchase Agreement is a Consular official at the US Embassy near the location of the aunt.  

    I've used the Embassy before when I'm engaged in buying and selling while I'm overseas.

  • Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Matthew McNeil thank you Matthew! The information that I have received from an attorney stated that the seller who is in the Islands can have a local (local to him) attorney do a power of attorney so that his aunt can sign for him at closing. And then they can simply email that document to the closing attorney. 

  • Investor · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2009 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    A closing attorney can set up a power of attorney for the selling parties and should be able to help you. Your profile doesn't ID where you are, and my comment assumes you are under a US jurisdiction. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.