New CA License holder for Self-Investing - Now what?

New CA License holder for Self-Investing - Now what?

Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Hi All: 

I have recently been granted my California Real Estate Salesperson License. I got it mostly for investing in rental property for myself, and wouldn't like to pay huge fees. For example, I am currently looking at online REEBroker for brokerage service that offers a fixed $500 fee per transaction. 

What other mandatory things do I need to have in order to submit bids for for-sale properties - e.g. I've heard I will need:

a. MLS membership for doing searches?, and

b. I will need access to some online system to send/receive offers and counteroffers electronically? 

Does anyone have low-cost recommendations for both a. and b.? 

Not sure if the MLS systems are organized regionally or are state-wide database? I am based in northern California (Fremont), and would ideally like to find MLS search service that is not restricted to a certain region/a few counties since I plan to invest in central valley/Sacramento/Fresno/Turlock/Tracy area in California. Not entirely sure if MLS service is even required in this day-and-age since we can search properties on zillow/redfin already.

Appreciate helpful advice to get me started in my journey. 

Thank you!

0Reply
22 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jo-Ann LapinPro Member
    Loan Officer · Tustin, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 713 votes
    7y

    Try and find a local broker in the Central Valley area and shop around from there .

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.