Investor · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2017 · 42 posts · 13 votes
Hello!
We just put a house for sale in State of Louisiana (fully renovated) and because of the location of the property we would like to give owner financing option.
Can someone help us with information on how to set it up, what forms to be used, how much should be the down payment, what should be the % ...
Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2012 · 968 posts · 747 votes
7y
Hi @Joseph Ortiz. I am both an investor and a licensed realtor in New Orleans. I have dealt with owner financing from both sides. The options for the terms are just about limitless with owner financing, and each potential buyer may want different terms. It is usually something that is negotiated on a case by case basis, but you can set your terms up front if you like. However, I highly suggest you consult with your attorney to get these terms hammered out and put on paper to ensure you have it set up correctly and legally.