Neebie! Looking for my first multi family purchase in Chicago

Neebie! Looking for my first multi family purchase in Chicago

Chicago, IL · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 0 votes

Hello everyone! New to the Bigger Pockets site.

Looking to get started in the real estate game in Chicago. Trying to find a multi family home to house hack, where I can live for free or close to it.

755 credit score, $15,000 saved up. To do either a FHA loan, or the Freddie Mac Home Possible loan.

Looking for advice in where people in Chicago find their deals? Maybe a good realtor you have in mind that has experience with finding multi family homes.

0Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Jason MarcordesPro Member
Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 154 posts · 91 votes
7y

Hey @Dominic Frank, welcome to BP! Do you have a certain neighborhood/area in mind. I have a great Realtor I can send you to.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jason MarcordesPro Member
    Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 154 posts · 91 votes
    7y

    Hey @Dominic Frank, welcome to BP! Do you have a certain neighborhood/area in mind. I have a great Realtor I can send you to.

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Jason Marcordes

    That's for the response. I'm pretty open. But have been searching the MLS looking around Bridgeport, Pilsen, Humboldt park, Logan, Avondale, Ukrainian Village, and all over west town.

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL. · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Dominic Frank I've seen quite a bit of value-adds in Bridgeport and West Town. West Town is running on the pricier side. It all comes down to the "best" deal. Good luck.

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Henry Massey, yes I know West Town Is pretty expensive already. I’ve been renting a apartment there for the last three years up until a few months ago. Just keeping my options open. Thanks!

  • Property Manager · CT · Member since 2014 · 687 posts · 329 votes
    7y

    Hi Dominick,

    The first steps I would recommend as a new investor is to get a handle on analyzing the income, expenses and ROI of these properties in Bridgeport.

    You can use the Bigger Pockets calculators to start. Use Zillow and rentometer.com to get data and analyze a few from your home to see what type if returns there are.

    If these meet your investment criteria then start looking in person.
    Let me know if you have any questions.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.