Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 5 votes
If I want to purchase a home and rehab before I lease it out, are there loans that will allow 2 to 3 months before the first payment is made??? I'm trying not to float the mortgage at all and rehab in 3 - 6 weeks.
Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
7y
Typically your first payment will be due in 45 days or so. It depends on what day of the month you close...mtg payments are in arrears, and are due on the first of the following month, you pay interest only for the remainder of the month you close in, then your first payment is due at the end of the following month (somewhere between 31 and 60 days depending on the day you close).