Best Way To Invest $5000 / Thoughts On My Plan

Best Way To Invest $5000 / Thoughts On My Plan

Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 43 posts · 9 votes

Hello everyone! I’d love to get your advice on how to invest $5000 and hear your feedback on what I have in mind (including your opinion on the feasibility).

I'd like to find a SFR for 50K and under to buy and hold. I would need conventional or seller financing with up to 10% down. Hoping to find something that is ready to rent out (though light cosmetic work is OK). Ideal profit is at least $200 per month. My credit score is in the mid-700s.

Markets I’m considering are:

-Fort Wayne, IN

-San Antonio,TX  

-Columbus, OH

-Memphis, TN

Is this feasible? How would you approach jumping out there and getting started? Any thoughts on any of the markets listed?

Thanks in advance!

0Reply
39 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    @Brianna M. Fundrise if you want to invest in realestate, but id say if you really want to get started i realestate have a good mentor in hand and 10k to start with.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.