Tips for selling properties with tenants in place (not on MLS)

3 Replies

Hi everyone, I have a condo in an association without rental restrictions that is currently rented with good tenants who have never missed a payment and cash-flowing well. I'm looking for ways to sell the property without the disruptions to my tenants that would come from listing on MLS and conventional showings. Anyone have any tips for success selling properties tenants-in-place in Atlanta without disrupting the tenants?

Are you willing to sell at a discount? By limiting your buyer pool you lower the value of the property.

@Matthew M. you can try to sell off pictures but that can be difficult even if you have a really good relationship with the buyer. Just about anybody out there is going to want to see the units at least once before deciding to pull the trigger. If you decide you absolutely will not disturb the tenants then you're probably going to have to sell at a discount just to reduce the risk to the buyer.

Personally I would tell any interested buyers there's a showing at X time/date and ask the tenants to find something to do for an hour or 2 during that period. As long as it isn't a daily parade most people won't complain and you still get to show the units.