Purchase agreement to view wholesale deal

Purchase agreement to view wholesale deal

Investor · Eau Claire, WI · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 6 votes

Currently attempting to purchase a house from a wholesaler to BRRRR. I have never seen the inside of the house. His seller wants signed purchase contract and 10k deposit before allowing me to schedule an showing/inspection. The contingency would be on structural damage and mold. My thinking is house was built in 1947 so there's definitely structural damage. The structural contingency seems like my guaranteed 'out'.

My realtor says it's a bad contract to enter but I dont see the problem with it. 

Any suggestions on the situation would be appreciated.

ARV = $115K

Purchase = $67k

0Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Philadelphia/Charlotte/Raleigh/SD and LA Counties · Member since 2019 · 34 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    What market are you in? The out is probably not as easy as you think. I wholesale and I always try to give people the big picture. 

  • Specialist · Riverside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    I'd listen to the realtor, the seller knows something you don't otherwise they wouldn't ask for such a large deposit.  I might go with check in hand to an inspection but wouldn't put $10k down on a $70k property like that.  Structural means different things to different people, there could be no kitchen, or fire damage or bigfoot's hideout you just don't know

  • Investor · Eau Claire, WI · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    I suspect something is hidden. They say place is currently rented out. Haven't verified this yet but this makes me think it's in liveable condition. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.