What terms do you get with an LLC for a cash out refi?

What terms do you get with an LLC for a cash out refi?

Rental Property Investor · Hummelstown, PA · Member since 2015 · 638 posts · 653 votes

I've been doing BRRRR's with great success in Central PA (Harrisburg, Lancaster, York, Carlisle area) for 2 years now. That success has largely been due to a lender offering fantastic terms on portfolio loans for 1-4 unit properties:

  • 30 year amortization, 30 year term
  • Lends to LLC's
  • Fixed for 10 years
  • Great rates (My last refi was 4.25% interest rate)
  • No seasoning period
  • 80% LTV

To my dismay (as well as virtually all my fellow Central PA investors), this lender recently announced that they are no longer offering these loans to LLC's (they also mentioned a potential cap on total loan amount, but nothing official there yet). Not a big deal for someone doing one or two deals, but for those of us who are really trying to scale legitimate businesses with asset protection, this is devastating. It looks like the party is ending, at least with this lender.

Yeah, there's ways to possibly get around this (with added costs and/or drawbacks) but I don't want to get into those weeds in this post.

I knew we were spoiled with this lender, but I really got hooked on these terms especially the 30 year amortization.  Properties that produced healthy cash flow ($200-$300) at 30 year amortization now are projected to produce a fraction of that amount (<$100) when you use a 20 year amortization instead.

Now that I've begun the arduous task of shopping around for a new lending partner, it seems that everybody only offers 20 year amortization periods (not to mention a higher interest rate and sometimes lower LTV).

My question to the forum is, what kind of terms do you get in other regions/other parts of the country on a cash out refinance for a property in an LLC - specifically using the BRRRR method? Were we really just super spoiled, or do I just need to keep looking harder for that next "perfect" lender?

0Reply
12 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Harrisburg, PA · Member since 2017 · 43 posts · 43 votes
    6y

    Hey Kyle, Travis Wylie just asked in identical question on the FB Central PA RE Investors group...and he is getting some responses and  feedback there.... are you in that group? A lender from Finance of America responded that he does offer what you are looking for. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Hummelstown, PA · Member since 2015 · 638 posts · 653 votes
    6y

    @Becky Joyner

    Thanks Becky. I’ll see you soon. I’d like to hear what your plan is with refi’s for your BRRRRs.

  • East Texas · Member since 2018 · 205 posts · 138 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Beck Joyner:

    Hey Kyle, Travis Wylie just asked in identical question on the FB Central PA RE Investors group...and he is getting some responses and  feedback there.... are you in that group? A lender from Finance of America responded that he does offer what you are looking for. 

     For those of us not in PA, I wonder if this will transfer to Texas?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.