Is anyone using Facebook Ads to generate motivated seller leads?

Is anyone using Facebook Ads to generate motivated seller leads?

New to Real Estate · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 17 votes

Hi friends!

I'm an acquisitions manager at a start-up investment company. Our niche is finding foreclosure/probate leads, which we generate from having a VA look through local county records. Once we have leads, I cold call them.

I'm suspicious that Facebook ads might be a better way to generate motivated sellers, rather than cold calling, though. Is anyone here using Facebook ads to find motivated sellers in foreclosure/probate scenarios? Is anyone having luck using Facebook ads, in general, to find motivated sellers?

Thanks!

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Bend, OR · Member since 2018 · 323 posts · 224 votes
6y

I have used Facebook ads and continue to use them. The problem right now in our area is that prices are so high that we get a lot of negative comments about our market. One thing that we had a lot of success doing when the market wasn't so great was post cards with a landing page on our website specifically for information on the foreclosure process, how we can help and a free valuation form for them to fill out.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Bend, OR · Member since 2018 · 323 posts · 224 votes
    6y

    I have used Facebook ads and continue to use them. The problem right now in our area is that prices are so high that we get a lot of negative comments about our market. One thing that we had a lot of success doing when the market wasn't so great was post cards with a landing page on our website specifically for information on the foreclosure process, how we can help and a free valuation form for them to fill out.

  • New to Real Estate · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 17 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Catherine Emert:

    I have used Facebook ads and continue to use them. The problem right now in our area is that prices are so high that we get a lot of negative comments about our market. One thing that we had a lot of success doing when the market wasn't so great was post cards with a landing page on our website specifically for information on the foreclosure process, how we can help and a free valuation form for them to fill out.

    Thanks for your reply! Our bread and butter is our direct mail campaign - which it sounds like you've had a lot of success with as well.

    As for Facebook ads, I assume you've found success with them? How much of your marketing budget do you put into ads? Also, are you using them to find buyers? Or motivated sellers? Any resources you'd recommend for an investor who wants to use Facebook ads to find motivated sellers?

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
    6y

    FB is great for seller leads - but the knock on them is that they generally aren't all that motivated.  I've only had a handful of them, but they were all in the 'would like to sell' segment vs 'really need to sell'.  But that is probably to be expected.  

    Ideally, for me, the thing to do would be to get organized and handoff some of these leads (that aren't listed) to realtors.  Get a fee, even if it is only $25 or $50 and plow it back into the FB machine.  Win win win.

  • Realtor · Bend, OR · Member since 2018 · 323 posts · 224 votes
    6y

    @Hunter Wolfe my budget depends on the month honestly. If I’m too busy to juggle more prospects I back off. We are a small brokerage and once I hit about 15 in escrow I try to focus my attention on those. But typically I range from $60-350 on Facebook ads. We do ads targeting sellers with an estimated value approach, we’ve found even if they aren’t ready to sell today they appreciate our willingness to meet with them now and I make sure to follow up with them with current market information. I’m getting ready to attempt a targeted ad for those that may need to get out of a home that the repairs are too much, I have several investors that want to get going on fix and flips so I figure it’s my best shot.

  • Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    6y
    Originally posted by @Catherine Emert:

    @Hunter Wolfe my budget depends on the month honestly. If I’m too busy to juggle more prospects I back off. We are a small brokerage and once I hit about 15 in escrow I try to focus my attention on those. But typically I range from $60-350 on Facebook ads. We do ads targeting sellers with an estimated value approach, we’ve found even if they aren’t ready to sell today they appreciate our willingness to meet with them now and I make sure to follow up with them with current market information. I’m getting ready to attempt a targeted ad for those that may need to get out of a home that the repairs are too much, I have several investors that want to get going on fix and flips so I figure it’s my best shot.

     I have a model built around this but with the new HEC special category on facebook, the ability get in front of the proper segments seems to have dropped off a cliff. 

    Are you finding that to be the case or does your portal still allow you to create custom audiences?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.