Realtor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 2 votes
I live in Atlanta, Georgia but visiting Fort Lauderdale for the holidays. Do you all know where to find stats/data on how many people move to or have 2nd homes in Florida that live elsewhere, like Georgia? I hear that it is a growing number. How easy is it to have an investment property out of state? I see a ton of mobile homes on slabs (not mobile anymore). Is that a good way to go? I think Beardy Brandon would say yes.
Real Estate Agent · Merritt Island, FL · Member since 2017 · 974 posts · 1k+ votes
6y
If you see manufactured homes in Dania, they're mostly owned by Quebecois who spend Nov through March in S. Florida. Otherwise, there aren't many such homes in the Ft. Liquordale area as they're being sold and cleared out for better homes. No idea where to find stats on 2nd homes - perhaps download info from BCPA. Any non-owner occupied won't get a homestead exemption, but that won't say if the owner is out of state. FYI, for some it's not a 2nd home....it's a 3rd, 4th or 5th. Yeah, nuts.