Investing First-time in Westminster, MD

Investing First-time in Westminster, MD

Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 1 vote

What is the investment property climate in Westminster, MD?  Any investors there in this group?  We live in Westminster and might try to obtain our first property (duplex or single family) here before making the leap to Hagerstown.

0Reply
34 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2018 · 57 posts · 25 votes
6y

@Eva Jensen

How did it go? Did you pull the trigger on the Westminster property? Only reason I ask, is because I’m looking to do the same. I’m not too familiar with this area.

I am however, familiar with the Hagerstown area. Use caution in the city limits!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Carroll County, MD · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Barbara Sheppard

    Can you send me the details on your 2 unit?

  • Member since 2018 · 57 posts · 25 votes
    6y

    @Eva Jensen

    How did it go? Did you pull the trigger on the Westminster property? Only reason I ask, is because I’m looking to do the same. I’m not too familiar with this area.

    I am however, familiar with the Hagerstown area. Use caution in the city limits!

  • Realtor · Martinsburg WV · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Michael Bridgett

    What has your experience been in Hagerstown’s city limits? I’ve been considering a couple of properties in the limits

  • Realtor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    @Matt Hassler I invest inside Hagerstown city limits and just finished a 4plex full gut rehab and selling 2 of the units. Investing here can be stressful if you don't know the area or work with a local investor or realtor well versed in the area. The main areas of concern should be the tenant class, which is difficult to deal with and the city permit office also less than stellar to deal with. I have worked with the permit office on commercial projects and their systems are just way behind and slow but I would still invest here with the correct team and reserves of course. 

    @Matt Hassler

  • Investor · Hagerstown, MD · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Wow, great info.  Thanks for sharing Matt.  Do you reside in Hagerstown, Md.?  If not, where?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.