Reaching out to owner who acquired home through trust

Reaching out to owner who acquired home through trust

Rental Property Investor · Jonesboro, AR · Member since 2019 · 105 posts · 59 votes

Bigger Pockets team, Several months ago while "driving for dollars" I ran across this beautiful home in the downtown portion of my home town.  I was able to talk to one of the neighbors next to the vacant home and she was able to tell me the whole story of how the home had been locked up in probate for years and had just recently been left to one of the trustees six months prior.  Long story short she was able to give me the trustee's phone number and his address.  I immediately reached out to him through phone call to talk to him.  We had a long conversation about the home and how it was his grandmother's.  I asked if he was willing to sell but he said he needed to think about it.  I have reached out again since then but he "hadn't thought much about it"  I am going to reach out again this week, but this time I really want to seal the deal.  Does anyone have any advice on things to say to potential sellers through text message or phone call that will help close the deal.  The city is about to take the home within the next year if the taxes aren't paid and the lawn isn't cut.  According to the neighbor the home is still fully furnished.  I'd be more than happy to do anything I can to help out this trustee with his newly acquired home.

0Reply
18 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Riverside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    @Matthew Reid This.

    "The city is about to take the home within the next year if the taxes aren't paid and the lawn isn't cut."

    But with a little more tact of course.

  • Rental Property Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2015 · 429 posts · 393 votes
    6y

    @Matthew Reid yeah, what @Aaron K. said. If the owner hasn’t thought anymore about it, then he could likely not even be aware that the city will come after him. You can nicely let him know and offer to help take the whole issue off his hands.

  • Rental Property Investor · Jonesboro, AR · Member since 2019 · 105 posts · 59 votes
    6y

    Just gotta be the bearer of bad news I guess.  HAHA.  I will let you guys know how it goes.  I appreciate it.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.