Up and Coming Areas for Young Families

Up and Coming Areas for Young Families

Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 9 votes

What is up BP!

My Fiancé and I just moved to Atlanta a few months ago. We're currently renting in Buckhead, and starting to look for a home to buy for us.

We work in Dunwoody/Sandy Springs. These look like great areas, but what are some other towns people recommend?

Love to find something with a nice size yard, near an acre, 4 or 5 bedrooms, basically a forever home. Stone Mountain has a ton of options, some in Alpharetta as well, however we don't know much about these cities

What are some places you would recommend for young professionals, and at some point in the future, young families?

0Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brenden MitchumBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 872 votes
    6y

    Hey @Jon Ferraiolo!

    Buckhead is expensive (as I'm sure you know)! For a shortish commute to work, you want to take a look in Cobb county. You can find 4-5 bedrooms for as low as $200k. I have seen a few with decent land too. Personally, I am keeping an eye on Kennesaw but I hear good things about Mableton and Smyrna. What I recommend for young professionals is to get a large house (4+ bedrooms) that you can rent out extra rooms (house hack) to have others pay the debt down. Another thing to keep an eye out for are mother-in-law suites in the basements. This is actually fairly common in North Metro ATL. These are the kinds of property I have been looking for myself. I have also been looking in Gwinnett and Forsyth. However, this may be a bit far for you to commute. 

    Please, feel free to message me anytime if you have questions or just wanna chat!

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    Hi @Brenden Mitchum, thank you for these recommendations! As we continue to search, I'll definitely keep these areas in mind. Will be sure to reach out if any additional questions come up!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.