My First out of state seller conversation - Any tips?

My First out of state seller conversation - Any tips?

Rental Property Investor · Lakeville, MN · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hello Everyone, I got a great lead on my first out of state seller opportunity. This would be my second ever investment property purchase toward my 3 door goal for 2020. I am considering introducing my first seller financed strategy. I do understand the idea of building a relationship first and identifying the seller needs before introducing a way that I can help. Does anyone have any tips on how I should approach the potential seller or what tips that I should be looking for to identify the sellers motivation? 

These are exciting times in real estate!... Thanks!

0Reply
10 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Playa del Carmen, México · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Hi @Russell Mosley, welcome to BiggerPockets and congratulations on actually getting to a seller conversation!

    First, know that regardless of the outcome, you're already on the path to success. Getting good at talking to sellers is one of the highest-value skills you can develop as an investor.

    I do have a proven approach to talking to sellers. I've laid it out here:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/member-blogs/11344/84211-dont-blow-your-big-hollywood-moment-with-a-real-live-seller

    If you find this helpful, please leave me a comment!

  • Rental Property Investor · Lakeville, MN · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Hi @Mitch Messer, The tips were extremely helpful. I have always appreciated what you call the  Deep Service approach. I like the idea of identifying the sellers needs and reasons before quantifying my interest or opportunity. Thanks for sharing your expertise!... Russ Mosley

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.