Any healthcare workers here? MD’s, RN’s, techs, MSW’s, chaplain’s

Any healthcare workers here? MD’s, RN’s, techs, MSW’s, chaplain’s

Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 184 posts · 162 votes

Hello! Where are the healthcare workers (past or present)

1. What do you do?

2. Where are you located?

3. What are your real estate investment goals?

4. What’s your favorite real estate investment strategy?

For me...

1. Chaplain

2. Ohio State University Medical Center - James Cancer Hospital

3. Financial freedom for my family - replace our combined 200k income in 10 years or so, teach my kids how money works, then more volunteer and philanthropy work

4. Muktiple, BRRRR, multi family units

0Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2019 · 89 posts · 64 votes
6y

@Justin Gottuso - I'm invested in Columbus also.  I'm glad you're happy with your decision to move out of California.  Whenever I am looking at out of state properties, I often think I should get out of here too.  But I've never lived anywhere but Southern California, so I don't really know what I'm talking about, lol

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Hey @Justin Gottuso !

    1. RN at Providence Health

    2. Sunny SoCal, Los Angeles (more specifically the SFV)

    3. I am looking to make my first deal! Looking at out of state due to the high prices here in California

    4. I'm looking to Buy and Hold multi family properties.

  • Member since 2019 · 89 posts · 64 votes
    6y
    Hey!  I'm at providence / sfv too.

    I don't remember the order of questions- MD, 1 sfr in CA, 2 OOS- Ohio, Florida (mfr).  Some syndications.  But right now, I'm using my stash that I had set aside for my next deal to get into the stock market.

    Originally posted by @Account Closed
  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 184 posts · 162 votes
    6y

    @Account Closed nice to meet you! which providence hospital? mission hills? i was at providence little company of mary san pedro for my chaplain training/residency. loved it/providence. still have friends at providence and my most recent manager was from providence mission hills. i (very recently) left my job at Dignity Health - california hospital in DTLA. moved from Los Angeles to Columbus, OH. yea, investing out of state is almost the only option if you're in LA unfortunately, but there is a LOT of opportunity out here i'm finding! it's literally another world financially. 

    @Kevin Chan thanks for sharing! i'm curious, how has investing in syndications worked out? did you get the promised return on your investment beyond the initial 8% or whatever that might have been 'guaranteed'? did they actually sell in 3-5 years and make a profit? trying to get to know what it's like to invest in syndications. and with OOS investing, what part of ohio did you invest in? and why the move to the stock market? (the little bit i have invested has done incredibly well the last year so i can understand why but wondering your decision-making process). thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 131 posts · 183 votes
    6y

    Hey @Justin Gottuso welcome to Columbus! It's a great place for families in terms of quality of life and cost of living and, as you mentioned, not a bad place to invest. I admire the work you'll be doing at The James. The Columbus community has the highest regard for that place and I've known a few people who have needed its services over the years. I've heard nothing but superlatives for the facility and the people that work there. 

    1. What do you do? Psychologist

    2. Where are you located? Columbus, OH

    3. What are your real estate investment goals? To diversify and speed up my retirement. Right now I'm focused on increasing wealth via the BRRRR strategy. Ideally, I'd like to have 5+ paid off small multifamilies by the time I'm 55.

    4. What's your favorite real estate investment strategy? BRRRR

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 184 posts · 162 votes
    6y

    Hi @Daniel Judge!

    Great to know you and thanks for the warm welcome. I feel so blessed and honored to be working at the James!

    My wife is a psychologist. Are you in private practice, a staff position somewhere or both? I resonate with your goals! Do you have a partner/spouse or kids/family?

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 131 posts · 183 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Justin Gottuso:

    Hi @Daniel Judge!

    Great to know you and thanks for the warm welcome. I feel so blessed and honored to be working at the James!

    My wife is a psychologist. Are you in private practice, a staff position somewhere or both? I resonate with your goals! Do you have a partner/spouse or kids/family?

    I'll shoot you a PM....

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 184 posts · 162 votes
    6y

    @Daniel Judge

    Cool 😎

  • Member since 2019 · 89 posts · 64 votes
    6y

    @Justin Gottuso - I'm invested in Columbus also.  I'm glad you're happy with your decision to move out of California.  Whenever I am looking at out of state properties, I often think I should get out of here too.  But I've never lived anywhere but Southern California, so I don't really know what I'm talking about, lol

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 184 posts · 162 votes
    6y

    @Kevin Chan many people I meet say ‘why did you leave?!’ They don’t know the true cost of living there or how good they have it financially. But also about timing and priorities. There is a time and season for everything I believe and I’ve been so blessed to have lived in SoCal for the first 34 years of my life! Now it’s a new season and chapter that is focused on family and quality of life in a wholistic sense. Which led my wife and I to choose to move.

  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 35 votes
    6y

    Hey @Justin Gottuso, nice to meet you! And thank you for your service in healthcare.  

    1. I am currently an ICU RN. 

    2. I am working in Modesto as a travel nurse pair with my husband, originally from Texas.

    3. Our goal with REI is to focus on building equity for retirement through SMF and SF while being able to travel and have mini retirements throughout.

    4. We just closed on our first SMF duplex. We don't have a favorite strategy yet but hoping to achieve each one at some point. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.