(For Realtors) How is the Coronavirus affecting your business?

(For Realtors) How is the Coronavirus affecting your business?

Real Estate Agent 路 Seattle, WA 路 Member since 2020 路 62 posts 路 42 votes

馃憢 Hey, fellow realtors! Is the Coronavirus affecting your business at all? 馃 I have had a listing cancel due to uncertainty. I have also had a few buyers hold off saying they want to wait and see what happens... 

0Reply
12 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor 路 Bend, OR 路 Member since 2018 路 323 posts 路 224 votes
    6y

    So far we haven't had anyone back out for express fears in buying or selling. I think we may have a few that will hold off until more is known though. We have taken a proactive approach and are doing meetings via Zoom, we also have a matterport scanner so we will be able to scan listings and homes that a buyer may want to purchase if they are afraid to tour it in person. We want to make sure everyone is comfortable.

    We were just locked down yesterday on large gatherings here in Oregon, schools will be cancelled for the next 2 weeks. We have done our best, be we are also ready for a slow 6 months if that were to happen. 

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Seattle, WA 路 Member since 2020 路 62 posts 路 42 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Catherine Emert:

    So far we haven't had anyone back out for express fears in buying or selling. I think we may have a few that will hold off until more is known though. We have taken a proactive approach and are doing meetings via Zoom, we also have a matterport scanner so we will be able to scan listings and homes that a buyer may want to purchase if they are afraid to tour it in person. We want to make sure everyone is comfortable.

    We were just locked down yesterday on large gatherings here in Oregon, schools will be cancelled for the next 2 weeks. We have done our best, be we are also ready for a slow 6 months if that were to happen. 

    Thank you for the feedback, Catherine! I love the matterport scanner idea! I do video walkthroughs for my buyers that are stuck at work or out of state (with seller permission) but it would be a great idea for me to borrow my office matterport scanner... 

    So far I have had 1 buyer and 1 seller hold off but houses are still flying off the shelves here... 

  • Realtor 路 Bend, OR 路 Member since 2018 路 323 posts 路 224 votes
    6y

    @Aaron Morrow we purchased the matterport last year and it's been an amazing asset to our company...now I think it will be ever more so!

    I am trying to draft some information now for marketing (without the panic) to see if it helps people understand that we are here to help and we can hopefully keep going. Good news is that I am such a planner and have always built my company to withstand slow times so even if I have to slow down I am ready and prepared for it. 

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Seattle, WA 路 Member since 2020 路 62 posts 路 42 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Catherine Emert:

    @Aaron Morrow we purchased the matterport last year and it's been an amazing asset to our company...now I think it will be ever more so!

    I am trying to draft some information now for marketing (without the panic) to see if it helps people understand that we are here to help and we can hopefully keep going. Good news is that I am such a planner and have always built my company to withstand slow times so even if I have to slow down I am ready and prepared for it. 

    Very smart thinking, Catherine! All agents should have been doing this...  Not all are wise :) 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.