My home closing is on April 29th and builder finished drywall and they are working on finishing rest of the things.
My lender is asking all the documents(paystub, bank statements, w2) again as the older documents are no longer valid as I signed the contract few months back.
I paid $7500 earnest money to Lennar homes
Now I would like to delay my closing for some time due to job uncertainty,
I would like to ask them to delay for a month? Should we pay penalty? Any suggestions please.
Atlanta has now shelter in place rule, but still builders are working to close on April 27th, does the rule apply to them?
I would first reach out to Lennar and ask them. You probably have force majeure language in your contract that can potentially give you some breathing room. If you don't get encouraging feedback from Lennar I would consult with a real estate attorney. They will need to review your contract.