Real Estate Broker · Brandon, FL · Member since 2008 · 283 posts · 64 votes
Hello. With the slow down in the real estate industry (and pretty much everywhere), I'm starting to research other investing strategies. Land has always intrigued me, so I wanted to learn a little more about purchases large tracts of land (ag, farms, timber, etc.) as another investing strategy.
With BP being such a wealth of information and helpful people, I thought I'd post this to see if anyone could recommend books, podcasts or individuals to connect to.
Flower Mound, TX · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 5 votes
4y
+1. I'm interested is buying land as well, and so far I've been searching and reading articles on BP to do some research. I've never purchased land before, only SFRs (buy and hold), and wondering if there is a post / site which will contain some useful information to get started.
I have been researching here in NC and have found a few things.
1. Owner financing is very possible on most the properties I’ve looked at. 2. land specific loaning institutions (AgCarolina) is the way to go on land loans.
3. 25% down payment is a standard minimum.
4. Land with water access is more expensive and more valuable.
5. Ensuring utility access is available or close enough it won’t be a financial issue is super important.