As a realtor, does having your personal website attract buyers?

As a realtor, does having your personal website attract buyers?

Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote

I am new to the real estate business as a realtor in the Huntsville, AL area. Does having your personal website help find buyers? Is there anything I could add to my web page that would help attract more investors or buyers?

0Reply
22 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joe HammelBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Metro Detroit, MI · Member since 2018 · 612 posts · 666 votes
    6y

    @Jennifer Gates

    Hi Jennifer, 

    I think some agents do have "lead capture" on their websites, but I really think our websites are mostly for branding. Buyers seem to do most of their "Home search" either on zillow or with an agent through the MLS portal. I consider the website mostly for Affirmation, that I'm an actual agent, maybe have a few testimonials on there, just to show that I'm active and in business. I don't put too much effort into it, because I don't think the consumer gives it too much weight.

    So my advice is to just have a nice looking website with a few testimonials and perhaps an "about me" section and perhaps a value proposition. 

    Hopefully that helps!

    FIRE Realty Team - Keller Williams5379 Reviews
  • Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Thanks Joel.  I have only been a Real Estate agent for 4 months, so I don't have much of portfolio, but will take you advice once I sell more homes.

  • Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Just curious how you got a signature label with your contact info on your profile?

  • Joe HammelBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Metro Detroit, MI · Member since 2018 · 612 posts · 666 votes
    6y

    @Jennifer Gates 

    Yep, we’ve all been there. Just go above and beyond on everyone you meet and strive for the 5 star review.
    I believe it’s part of signing up for “premium” that allowed me to add to the signature. You can check under settings - signature, I believe. 

    FIRE Realty Team - Keller Williams5379 Reviews
  • Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Thank you Joel,  I didn't see it under settings.  Are you a Zillow agent or signed up with Realtor dot com?   I was going to try one, but this coronavirus struck fear into the market that buyers are now starting to put off on home purchases.  We are seeing huge down tick in interest in our area.  Sad to say, but it only be a matter of time when some small business owners will have to shut their doors and sell their homes.  I hope I am wrong and everything we turn for the better.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.