Top 10 cities/areas for buying(&holding) properties now

Top 10 cities/areas for buying(&holding) properties now

Member since 2020 · 22 posts · 10 votes

I am currently under contract for closing on a rental property in Huntsville, AL. I chose Huntsville for a combination of factors - its population growth, job growth, low taxes and my affordable budget of 100k-160k SFH with a decent balance of cashflow and appreciation. I hope to buy a few more properties in Huntsville.

I would like to diversify my investments by buying in some other places too. I understand it doesn't make sense to buy in too many places as well. I would like the investors here to list the cities/places they think are an excellent investment choice now for SFH purchases with <175k budget in B-class (& above) neighbourhoods and cashflow as close to the 1% rule as possible.

I live in Seattle, I am looking at out of state investment locations that fit the above criteria.

0Reply
27 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Plano, TX · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 861 votes
    6y

    Check out this link I stumbled upon. I would take into considering our current events, but here's what I found: https://www.quickenloans.com/l...

  • Member since 2020 · 22 posts · 10 votes
    6y

    @Marlen Weber, I will research into the cities on the list , but, most of them seem to be more expensive and already on the higher end of growth than what I am looking for. 

    Any other cities that are mid tier now and are on the growth trajectory in terms of population and jobs?

  • Rental Property Investor · Toronto, Canada · Member since 2012 · 102 posts · 95 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Haritha N.:

    I am currently under contract for closing on a rental property in Huntsville, AL. I chose Huntsville for a combination of factors - its population growth, job growth, low taxes and my affordable budget of 100k-160k SFH with a decent balance of cashflow and appreciation. I hope to buy a few more properties in Huntsville.

    I would like to diversify my investments by buying in some other places too. I understand it doesn't make sense to buy in too many places as well. I would like the investors here to list the cities/places they think are an excellent investment choice now for SFH purchases with <175k budget in B-class (& above) neighbourhoods and cashflow as close to the 1% rule as possible.

    I live in Seattle, I am looking at out of state investment locations that fit the above criteria.

     You may find Attom data useful

    https://public.tableau.com/profile/jennifer8334#!/vizhome/SingleFamilyRentalReturnsbyCounty2020/Dashboard1

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.