Neighborhoods in Chattanooga

Neighborhoods in Chattanooga

Rental Property Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2013 · 61 posts · 21 votes

I am considering a rental in Chattanooga, more specifically, a SFH, $150k or less in an up and coming part of the city.

I would love to know more about the market and the neighborhoods. 

Thanks!

1Reply
72 views

Most Popular Reply

Charles JabaleyBusiness Member
Realtor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2019 · 46 posts · 34 votes
6y

@Joshua Savage hey Joshua! I’m a Realtor here in Chattanooga and am happy to discuss the market with you and help however I can. Chattanooga is a great place to invest and still has plenty of room to grow.

My favorite areas of Chattanooga for investors right now (especially those looking for cash flow) are East Ridge and Hixson. These are the two locations where I’ve seen the most favorable disparity in purchase price and rental value, and they’re two areas I believe will appreciate in value. They’re both close to downtown (East Ridge is minutes away, Hixson is within 10) and Chattanooga is a city that continues to push their resources towards building downtown and the surrounding area. East Ridge is definitely my favorite part of town for investors because it carries solid cash flow opportunities with massive appreciation potential.

I’m happy to further discuss things further with you and be a resource however I can, feel free to message me 😎

See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Charles JabaleyBusiness Member
    Realtor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2019 · 46 posts · 34 votes
    6y

    @Joshua Savage hey Joshua! I’m a Realtor here in Chattanooga and am happy to discuss the market with you and help however I can. Chattanooga is a great place to invest and still has plenty of room to grow.

    My favorite areas of Chattanooga for investors right now (especially those looking for cash flow) are East Ridge and Hixson. These are the two locations where I’ve seen the most favorable disparity in purchase price and rental value, and they’re two areas I believe will appreciate in value. They’re both close to downtown (East Ridge is minutes away, Hixson is within 10) and Chattanooga is a city that continues to push their resources towards building downtown and the surrounding area. East Ridge is definitely my favorite part of town for investors because it carries solid cash flow opportunities with massive appreciation potential.

    I’m happy to further discuss things further with you and be a resource however I can, feel free to message me 😎

  • Rental Property Investor · Augusta, GA · Member since 2019 · 129 posts · 112 votes
    6y

    @Joshua Savage the Chattanooga market is alive and well.  Despite reports stating that unemployment could reach 30%, we collected 97% of rent in April.  

    Which strategy are you looking to use in your purchase? BRRR?

  • Old Hickory, TN · Member since 2012 · 31 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Phillip Vera, how many doors does the 97% refer to? Thanks in advance.

  • Rental Property Investor · Augusta, GA · Member since 2019 · 129 posts · 112 votes
    6y

    @Daniel Walker that's right at 144 units in Chattanooga.  In Augusta, GA we were at 98.5%.  Almost 650 units there.

  • Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    @Phillip Vera Hey Phillip, which part of Chattanooga would you recommend for multi-family homes/duplexes?

  • John BrittPro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Chattanoooga, TN · Member since 2008 · 194 posts · 52 votes
    6y

    @Account Closed are you looking to build or buy?

  • Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    @John Britt Buying, I want to house hack my first property. Curious about some good areas to do so.

  • Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    I have been looking in this area as well. Particularly in two areas: 1. near the hospitals, knowing locums always need places to stay and 2. Rossville, Goergia. Would love to connect with people in the area. Good luck!

  • Real Estate Consultant · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2017 · 114 posts · 46 votes
    6y

    I wholeheartedly agree with Charles on those neighborhoods! Focus on school districts and Identifying the best ones, you're likely to be in the best neighborhoods in Chattanooga according to that. I also like to identify to the neighborhoods that have had the most recent sales and highest activity and look for properties just a few miles outside of that, where prices are more reasonable and appreciation is sure to come. East Brainerd and Red Bank has been two phenomenal areas for our investors. East lake and Alton Park are where you can get your 2% returns, think slumlord. North Chattanooga is at this point overpriced and good deals are rare to find in that neighborhood, but the surrounding cities can be rewarding. Naturally when one city becomes overpriced and overpopulated there is a onflow to subsidiary markets, that's where i'd be looking for my deal. It takes time to identify your markets so I'd spend a good amount of time building relationships with Realtors, Property Managers and Investors/Wholesalers. Find out where others are buying their investments and the types of returns they are getting so you can get an idea of what to expect and where your dollar can take you in this market! I am always open to sharing refferals as well! Best of luck!

  • John BrittPro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Chattanoooga, TN · Member since 2008 · 194 posts · 52 votes
    6y

    Consider these zip codes, 37405, 37403, 37412, 37421, 37363, 37415, 37407, 37409 and 37343

  • Attorney · Memphis, TN · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 25 votes
    5y

    @John Britt are there any specific neighborhoods where new homes are being built?

  • Old Hickory, TN · Member since 2012 · 31 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    Following this one. Inventory is tight right now!!

  • John BrittPro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Chattanoooga, TN · Member since 2008 · 194 posts · 52 votes
    5y

    @Spencer Glaser  for new homes you will want to look south of Memphis into Olive Branch, Mississippi and east of Memphis like Collierville for new home construction.

  • John BrittPro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Chattanoooga, TN · Member since 2008 · 194 posts · 52 votes
    5y

    @Spencer Glaser  I am sorry, I had my mind on Memphis.  The new homes that are being built here, are in East Brainerd, Ooltewah, and Lookout Valley.

  • Attorney · Memphis, TN · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 25 votes
    5y

    Thank you @John Britt! I just bought and sold a lot to a developer in East Ridge 37412. Doing some marketing in East Brainerd now.

  • John BrittPro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Chattanoooga, TN · Member since 2008 · 194 posts · 52 votes
    5y

    I wish I knew you had a lot in East Ridge.  I also should add East Ridge would be another area to look at.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.