Student ready to take action. Sacramento, CA/ Reno, NV

Student ready to take action. Sacramento, CA/ Reno, NV

New to Real Estate · Sparks, NV · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 6 votes

Caught by the real estate bug. It all started with rich dad poor dad, since then I’ve consumed numerous hours of BiggerPockets Podcast & Get Rich Education.

The ambition is there and to be honest I understand the process from a hear-say perspective but diving in is where I’m being held up. So in the meantime I’ve focused on fixing my credit for the last year and I’ve saved up 5k to invest in a property with a family member. Our goal is to purchase a duplex, stabilize the asset, save up a conservative emergency fund and move in renters. Then transition into the next duplex and continue the process.

I tend to have a hunger for knowledge in the field I’ve decided to place my energy into and it’s not uncommon for me to stay up till 3am studying some aspect of the field only to wake up by 8am and continue the learning process. I work hard to enhance all the relationships around me and I take an extreme ownership position in all aspects of my life.

The goal for me is simple, raise $3,500 of residual monthly income so I may have the option to work less in my primary career field. (HVAC service technician) I’m extremely interested in finding opportunities to spend more free time with family and friends.

I have family within the Sacramento, Ca and Reno, NV area. So any opportunities within or surrounding these area’s would be of interest to me. I’m open to learning and offering any service to an investor who would simply give me the time of day. If you’ve gotten this far, thank you for reading and have a great rest of your day.

0Reply
14 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Ismael, I share a similar experience. My desire to be financially free began nearly a year and a half ago while working Dave Ramsey's baby steps program, and my increased interest in building wealth was sparked a year ago after listening to hours of the BiggerPockets podcasts and then reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad. Like yourself, I'm ready to dive in and purchase a multi-family unit and build from there using the BRRR strategy. I wish you the best of luck as you start your journey in real estate.

  • New to Real Estate · Sparks, NV · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Genisha Pegues

    Likewise Genisha. I hope for the best & I look forward to hearing from you down the road.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.