response to future buyer when asking about Selling Price Re flip

response to future buyer when asking about Selling Price Re flip

Real Estate Investor · La Fayette, NY · Member since 2017 · 110 posts · 27 votes

Hi everyone.  I'm almost finished with my long remodel on a small house ranch.  Great area and hot market (still despite everything)  there are only 6 homes for sale in my school district.  I've already had multiple people over the months show (strong) interest.  And just another today FB messaged me and question "how much are you asking.

I plan on having it ready end of May.  So I get asked "How much are you asking"    So how would you respond; something like "  Mid to high 200's  or more narrowed?  

0Reply
12 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Peoria, IL · Member since 2013 · 967 posts · 383 votes
    6y

    You've got a chance to sell.  Send him a price of 7% above what you want.  So he can negotiate you down a little.  Just pulled the 7% out of thin air :)  Plus if you can avoid a Realtor that saves you 6 or 7%.  Are you planning to go through a Realtor?  Have you picked a price?  Why not advertise it with a sign in the yard now (unless you're worried about vacant house theft).? 

  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 576 posts · 307 votes
    6y

    What to respond? Tell him what you're wanting to sell at. Maybe add a little extra as others mentioned since buyers on facebook love to lowball. Seems pretty straight forward though. What was your projected ARV?

  • Real Estate Investor · La Fayette, NY · Member since 2017 · 110 posts · 27 votes
    6y

    I plan on avoiding realtor just because the house will sell itself, its a real sought after area and the people who stopped at the house  (and my lawn crew) have mostly been local neighborhood people who've been there for a generation or two and have friends looking to be in the neighborhood.  In all likelyhood; I bet it'll be a cash deal based on many other sales that my realtor broker friend has been telling me.  I just didn't want to put a number out yet.  I have about 5 people on the list and they really didn't ask for a $#.  ArV was 260k

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.