Hi guys, new to the forum. After reading one of Brandon's books, I'm looking for anyone who's successfully done a 203K mortgage (multiunit if possible) that I could hear your success Story, or If there's a bigger pockets podcast episode that covers this more (but I can't find). I'm in a super expensive market (Chicago) and know I'm going to have to go FHA/203k/live in route in order to be able to afford starting out.
Thanks!!
@Matthew Porcaro I've listened to several of your podcasts/downloaded your cheat sheet/etc and its all been very helpful, but didn't get to the root of my question in regards to running numbers... and even bigger pockets doesn't cover the answer to my question in anything I've listened to. (Im sure if you actually use their calculator, it does it FOR you but i'm not sure which they are basing it off of - my initial mortgage or refinance mortgage?... if my goal is cashflow (doesnt have to be alot - looking for atleast $200/m) but longterm wealth of the property, and most importantly, being able to pull my money out during refinance. I'm guessing it's the post renovation mortgage the numbers should be based on, but I havent read that specifically anywhere. And that also relies heavily on the ARV and assumptions there so you get that wrong the first time, numbers will be way off or you wont be able to refi/get the money back out.