Portfolio & Commercial Lending Columbia, SC

Portfolio & Commercial Lending Columbia, SC

Rental Property Investor · Investor from Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 22 votes

Out of State investor looking at a 8 plex.  Unique deal with an 8 plex and  house onsite.  Needing to connect with portfolio and/or commercial lenders that will help out of state inventors in the Columbia, South Carolina area.  

1Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Columbia, SC · Member since 2019 · 38 posts · 27 votes
6y

@Christopher Leet I'll message you some local lenders I've spoken with who work on smaller to mid MFR here, however if you're comparing products from other states, the biggest difference you'll notice is the main norm around here is only about 70% LTV and 20 or 25 year am. Still looking myself for options at 75% LTV and 30 year am due in 3 through 10 for qualified investors if you or anyone else comes across a contact, always appreciate a connection!

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Columbia, SC · Member since 2019 · 38 posts · 27 votes
    6y

    @Christopher Leet I'll message you some local lenders I've spoken with who work on smaller to mid MFR here, however if you're comparing products from other states, the biggest difference you'll notice is the main norm around here is only about 70% LTV and 20 or 25 year am. Still looking myself for options at 75% LTV and 30 year am due in 3 through 10 for qualified investors if you or anyone else comes across a contact, always appreciate a connection!

  • Will GastonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Columbia, SC · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Christopher Leet I have some contacts that may help depending on where the property is located (most do not like 29203). Do you already own property in Columbia?

  • Rental Property Investor · Investor from Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 22 votes
    6y

    @Brian Poirrier

    Thanks Brian. Appreciate the help. I will let you know if I find anything competitive.

  • Rental Property Investor · Investor from Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 22 votes
    6y

    @Will Gaston

    Thanks Will. I will message you.

  • Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 5 votes
    3y

    Hi, am considering investing in a commercial property in Columbia, specifically a retail neighborhood shopping center.  Just curious what your thoughts are on this market these days?  It has a higher percentage of renters than homeowners.  Perhaps that could be due to the military presence and college students?

    Do you have any recommendations for the following:

    *Commercial Lenders/Brokers

    *Commercial PMs

    Any other parties you think would be worth talking with?

    Thanks so much in advance!

  • Will GastonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Columbia, SC · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    @Gilda VanderHeyden where in Columbia is it?

    29205, 29201, 29206 are generally great areas. Lots of 29204 can be too.

    29203 is getting better, but still has a long way to go IMO.

  • Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 5 votes
    3y

    @Will Gaston It's 29223, near the Columbia Mall.

    Do you happen to know of any good Commercial Lenders?

    On a time crunch.

    Thanks!

  • Will GastonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Columbia, SC · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    @Gilda VanderHeyden I've got loans w/ 12-13 banks in Columbia, but I think most (if not all) are sensitive to where the borrower lives. They don't love lending to ppl outside of their footprint, which is mostly in South Carolina. 


    DM some more info on you/the property (DSCR / occupancy/ LTV specifically) and I'll try and point you in the right direction.

  • Stephanie P.Pro Member
    Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Will Gaston:

    @Gilda VanderHeyden I've got loans w/ 12-13 banks in Columbia, but I think most (if not all) are sensitive to where the borrower lives. They don't love lending to ppl outside of their footprint, which is mostly in South Carolina. 


    DM some more info on you/the property (DSCR / occupancy/ LTV specifically) and I'll try and point you in the right direction.

     We can help you @Christopher Leet  I'll send you a DM.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.