Raleigh Suburbs: general area/investing questions

Raleigh Suburbs: general area/investing questions

Glens Falls, NY · Member since 2015 · 57 posts · 14 votes

Hey Everyone! My name is Joe - I currently live in upstate NY and may have the option of moving to the Raleigh area for work. Im excited for this possibility, as this area offers MANY more opportunities than the area I currently live. 

So - there is only so much you can learn from Google. Ive researched different suburbs that i might like, but I'd love to hear from investors, agents, brokers, etc., on which areas are nicest to raise a family? Which areas are best for cash/cash returns, appreciation, etc.? Which are growing fastest? Are HOA's typical and how much are they usually? What type of investing do you do in the area, and why?

My goal, if everything worked out how I'd want it to (it never does), i would find an area I like and house hack a single family house, that i could update and rent out eventually. I currently own 8 doors in NY, and would probably liquidate my lower cash flow properties and move that money into NC real estate. 

Please reply or message me if you have anything you can share! Even if its just to tell me which areas you prefer. 

Also, I am looking to make a trip down in July, and would love to connect with investors/agents in the area and possibly look at a few houses. 

Thank you,

Joe

0Reply
11 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.