Cash Equivalents used to purchase property

Cash Equivalents used to purchase property

Realtor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2018 · 184 posts · 71 votes

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with using Cash Equivalents towards purchasing a investment property?  Thank you. 

0Reply
11 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2020 · 540 posts · 285 votes
    6y

    @Ramsin Jacob

    I'm not experienced in it, but Podcast show 55 talks about "pledging" accounts like an IRA or 401k or stock account as your equity towards a property in which you have investors but have no money down so you can show some skin in the game to your bank. By pledging you're putting that 401k or IRA on the line but don't have to liquidate it. Checkout Podcast show 55.

  • Financial Advisor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 294 posts · 165 votes
    6y

    @Ramsin Jacob

    The primary reason for cash equivalents is that they can be liquidated to actual cash in short order at full value. I'm not sure why you would not do so... unless of course your definition of cash equivalents is broader than the average investor and it does not meet the criteria above.

  • Realtor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2018 · 184 posts · 71 votes
    6y

    @Daniel McNulty

    Correct, thanks Daniel. That’s what I gathered as well. Can we talk privately? I am representing a seller and buyer on a deal. Buyer offering cash equivalents. Seeking to gain clarity for seller’s behalf. Thanks.

  • Financial Advisor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 294 posts · 165 votes
    6y

    @Ramsin Jacob

    I am happy to help. I dropped you a PM with my contact info. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.