Investing in Fayetteville N.C

Investing in Fayetteville N.C

New to Real Estate · AL · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 2 votes

Hey,

I’m from Alabama and I was thinking about investing around the Fayetteville area because it’s near a military base and the prices of the homes are reasonable. My biggest concerns is finding a good property managing company that wouldn’t screw me over. Also, with me not being from the area I wouldn’t be able to drive up to the property at a moment notice to ensure it’s being taking care of. Any advice and information is welcome. 

Corey Noid

1Reply
31 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2016 · 158 posts · 86 votes
6y

All,

Aside from the military base, what are other sources of income in Fayetteville

Thanks

See this reply in the discussion

20 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2014 · 884 posts · 670 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Corey Noid:

    Hey,

    I’m from Alabama and I was thinking about investing around the Fayetteville area because it’s near a military base and the prices of the homes are reasonable. My biggest concerns is finding a good property managing company that wouldn’t screw me over. Also, with me not being from the area I wouldn’t be able to drive up to the property at a moment notice to ensure it’s being taking care of. Any advice and information is welcome. 

    Corey Noid

    Sent you a PM - Fayetteville is a great cash flow market. Just like most places, there are some good PM companies, and ones that you should avoid. Have you established a criteria yet for potential investment properties?

  • New to Real Estate · AL · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    No Sir, I haven't as of yet. To be honest with you I'm just starting, so I'm a Lil ignorant to the property investing, but I have been doing my due diligence to enlighten myself.

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Justin Tahilramani We are also looking at the Fayetteville area and would love to hear your recommendations. We are looking for 2-8 unit BRRR properties, or turn keys that can provide good cash flow at purchase. Any and all recommendations for good property management companies, good agents and contractors would be a huge help.

  • Rental Property Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2014 · 884 posts · 670 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jason Buxx:

    @Justin Tahilramani We are also looking at the Fayetteville area and would love to hear your recommendations. We are looking for 2-8 unit BRRR properties, or turn keys that can provide good cash flow at purchase. Any and all recommendations for good property management companies, good agents and contractors would be a huge help.

     Sent you a PM

  • Rental Property Investor · Salisbury, NC · Member since 2020 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    Justin,

    I would love to chat as well.  I am part of a group just down the road in Salisbury and would love to get your take on the area and the market.   Thanks!

  • Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2018 · 263 posts · 216 votes
    6y

    I use Cornerstone Real Estate. They are absolutely awesome. They conduct onsite property inspections atleast twice a year to ensure the tenants are adhering to the terms of the lease and to see how the tenants are taking care of the property. They do not charge extra for this service like many other companies do now a day. They are very responsive, mail me checks within days of receiving rent and handle work orders promptly. I have used them for 10 years and have zero complaints. PM me for contact info.

  • Attorney · RI · Member since 2019 · 157 posts · 93 votes
    6y

    @Corey Noid I haven't invested in the NC market, but I am doing long distance investing and the toughest thing for me was finding someone I trust.  I am focusing on FL right now and fortunately I am a title attorney, so I had some realtor connections, but finding a property manager who I can trust was tough.  "Long-Distance Real Estate Investing: How to Buy, Rehab, and Manage Out-of-State Rental Properties" by David Greene is a great book for long-distance investors!

  • New to Real Estate · AL · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Erica Larence-Penna thanks for the advice. After reading your response along with others I'm leaning more towards staying in a location that's easier for me to manage in case of any property management Issues. Thanks for your time, Ma’am.

    Corey Noid

  • Wholesaler · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2017 · 121 posts · 145 votes
    6y

    Roll Tide @Corey Noid. I’m from Mobile. From what I’ve experienced in Fayetteville if you work with folks that have a connection to the military you’re far better off when it comes to PMs and contractors. You can build an entire team that is former military. Also, most of the investors look out for one another so you’re in good hands. Let me know if you still need some help. 

  • New to Real Estate · AL · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Robert Shortsleeves Roll Tide Roll! I appreciate it, Sir. I'm going to send you a PM.

    Corey Noid

    U.S.M.C

  • Realtor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2019 · 97 posts · 109 votes
    6y

    @Corey Noid Fayetteville is a good market to invest in. We are doing a flip and a BRRRR right now. @Robert Shortsleeves is correct, many of us are active duty or veterans and we love to help each other.  I was on a Zoom call with @Robert Shortsleeves just this morning.  We have a team with property management, contractors, attorneys, and everyone else needed to invest in this area.  Investing is a blast and will set you up for success when you get out of the military.  

  • Real Estate Agent · Member since 2020 · 28 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    @Corey Noid

    Hello Corey

    I am actually a Fayetteville native recently relocated to the triangle area to further along my real estate career. I wouldn’t mind answering any questions that you may have or giving you some tips with investing in Fayetteville NC.

  • New to Real Estate · AL · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Chris Stroup Thanks a lot you guys seem to have a solid foundation, and I would love to learn as much as possible from you guys. At this current moment, I'm deployed, but once I get back, I would like to grab lunch with you guys.

  • New to Real Estate · AL · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Account Closed I'm always open to learning, I will be sending you a PM.

  • Real Estate Agent · Member since 2020 · 28 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    Ok great, I’ll be waiting on it!

  • Accountant · White Plains, NY · Member since 2019 · 50 posts · 14 votes
    6y

    This is a little bit in a different direction, but is anyone willing to share some good cash-flowing neighborhoods to invest in? I am looking to buy my first deal as an out of state investor. I am interested in a single family homes, 3 bedroom 2 bathroom that don't need much repairs, in the range of $100,000 and below. 

    Thank you!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2016 · 158 posts · 86 votes
    6y

    All,

    Aside from the military base, what are other sources of income in Fayetteville

    Thanks

  • Investor · Opelika, AL · Member since 2015 · 108 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    Been investing in Fayetteville for decades. Currently using Little and Young. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2014 · 884 posts · 670 votes
    6y

    @Kunal Mishra - you mean aside from being located directly outside the largest military installation in the United States? lol. Fort Bragg is its own city - which will never go away or substantially shrink in size. It has extremely unique capabilities that directly support national security. It’s not like they are going to close up shop and leave you high and dry.

  • Dan DiFilippoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2020 · 251 posts · 244 votes
    6y

    @Justin TahilramaniI'm inclined to agree - I think you make some good points. I actually have a very unpopular prognosis for appreciation in the Fayetteville market over the next decade.  For one, it's kind of perverse, but I think that if the military downsizes, it will actually have the effect of *increasing* the station.

    I am not sure I'd really know the best way to even discern this, but I wonder about some way to examine dollar flows throughout the city and see if you could track the dollars that come from Fort Bragg and watch just how many times those dollars change hands before leaving the city.  I have to imagine that we would find it to be one of the highest volume *and* highest internal circulation urban economies in the world.

    Brookdale Property Management
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.