Las Vegas Casita Short Term Rentals

Las Vegas Casita Short Term Rentals

Investor · US · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 8 votes

I am interested in getting some input from other investors in Las Vegas. I recently purchased an out of state rental property, but I'm now looking to see what I can do to lower my housing costs (about $1300 a month with utilities). I have looked into house hacking a fourplex but they are all in areas that I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my wife home alone. 

Short-term rentals really intrigue me but I know they're tricky in Vegas. However, I have seen that you can airbnb as long as you reside in the property. My thought was to buy a house with a casita or guest house to airbnb. I know there are rules and business license fees associated with this, but it could still be worth it. I'm wondering if anyone else has tried or know someone who uses this strategy, or if there are any other suggestions for other types of house hacking in Vegas.

0Reply
23 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 45 posts · 16 votes
    6y

    It has been worth it for me in Phoenix, I would pull the trigger. You control the traffic of renters.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.