Who would buy a house with a swimming pool?

Who would buy a house with a swimming pool?

Toronto · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 1 vote

Hello Comrades,

Pool business is currently booming. I try to understand what kind of person would buy a house with a swimming pool. 
Please share your thoughts and insights on whom those buyers are and where they congregate. The age, income, interests, social media accounts they might follow. 
Where, on your opinion, can I find those folks?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! 
Cheers, 

Alex

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Russell BrazilBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
6y

Im just going to throw out a crazy answer here...but people who like swimming. 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Lake County, OH · Member since 2016 · 124 posts · 55 votes
    6y

    @Oleksandr Tereshchuk Are you asking this for a specific market?  Where is the swimming pool market booming? If it is good market for swimming pools,(year-round warm climates) lots of different buyers would like thwn.... families, singles maybe older owners though depending on age and market they may want a community pool with accessibility but not all the work.  Hope that helps!

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    6y

    Im just going to throw out a crazy answer here...but people who like swimming. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Southington, CT · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    Are you talking about who would buy a rental house with a swimming pool or a house period with a swimming pool?  Also, you talking USA or Canada, because I think perspectives will differ based on what you are talking about. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2017 · 517 posts · 772 votes
    6y

    I think most people dream about having a pool...then there's a subset willing to spend the time taking care of it. 

    We flipped a house with a pool. Wasn't terrible, but did not enjoy being there at 6am scooping leaves out of it before the showings started at 8.

    :)

    It depends on the state in the US as well. In Texas, a lot of people have pools. 

    In GA, if the house is nice, some people will make an exception and buy a house with a pool. But not many buyers that are "I need a pool as item #1."

  • Investor · Malakoff, TX · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    I'd much rather buy a house with a pool than pay to put one in. The additional cost of an existing house with a pool is much lower than the cost of putting one in.

  • Atlanta · Member since 2019 · 62 posts · 37 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Oleksandr Tereshchuk:

    Hello Comrades,

    Pool business is currently booming. I try to understand what kind of person would buy a house with a swimming pool. 
    Please share your thoughts and insights on whom those buyers are and where they congregate. The age, income, interests, social media accounts they might follow. 
    Where, on your opinion, can I find those folks?

    Q - "Who would buy a house with a swimming pool?" 

    A - Hopefully, my neighbor! Kind of like a boat, the best swimming pool is one that someone else maintains. :) lol

    As far as interests and social media, I'm guessing people who have kids, are into being outside, like swimming, exercise, healthy living, etc. Probably also somewhat location / regional. I think Florida homes are much more likely to have a pool, as compared to homes in Alaska. :) 

    Are you asking as a potential landlord, a potential poolowner at your own personal residence, or as someone who wants to sell swimming pools / pool supplies / pool accessories? The reason I ask, many landlords I have talked to about SFR have recommended AGAINST installing swimming pools, or even buying REI properties which have pools, due to the liability... resident's kid (or some random trespassing kid) falls in the pool on the property you own, you may have a lawsuit.

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    I think OP is asking from an investor's perspective...

    As an owner, I have been thinking about this lately. The pool is nice, but its a lot of work and expense.  The long term goal is a lake house or walking distance to a nice swimming pond.  The pool didn't even get opened last summer. This summer due to the uncertainties of COVID we opened the pool.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.