Selling a rental to the tenant

Selling a rental to the tenant

Investor · Roebling, NJ · Member since 2016 · 55 posts · 39 votes

I have a tenant in one of my rentals that wants to buy the house. She says she's preapproved and I know from when I qualified her she had decent credit. She's been a great tanat and with the current real state market I feel like it's a good opportunity to sell now. What would the process be for her to submit me a purchase contract and and closing on that. could I just download a purchase contract off the Internet have her fill it out and bring it to a real estate attorney Or closing agency?

0Reply
16 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Evansville, IN · Member since 2020 · 61 posts · 76 votes
    6y

    Yes, you can do it that way, or you can even talk to an agent to do the paperwork for a small fee.

  • Member since 2020 · 67 posts · 27 votes
    6y

    Hi @Jim Vanhorn Yes exactly what @Mark Albini said.  I would recommend having a professional do the paperwork.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.