Looking to Connect w/ Commercial Construction Companies in Idaho

Looking to Connect w/ Commercial Construction Companies in Idaho

Contractor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 3 votes

Hi there,

My wife and I will be making the trip to Idaho in September to scout out some real estate opportunities, this will be part work, part vacation. I'm looking for personal referrals to commercial construction companies in Idaho that have an upstanding reputation. I have found the biggerpockets network to be so helpful and am hoping for the same since a simple internet search in this field often leaves me scratching my head and doesn't provide enough information. I think a grassroots effort with personal referrals would be best. Thanks!


0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Developer · Boise, ID · Member since 2020 · 173 posts · 198 votes
6y

Josh,


We are a multifamily and industrial developer, contractor syndicator and property manager all rolled up into one. I have lived in Boise for 40 years and been building for 25. My brother is a SFH builder and developer in McCall and I would love to chat with you about what we could do to assist you in your relocation education.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Don SpaffordPro Member
    Investor · Idaho Falls, ID · Member since 2016 · 912 posts · 629 votes
    6y

    @Josh Jack Which part of Idaho and what types of commercial construction? Multi-family or office, retail, warehouse, etc?

  • Contractor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    We are currentlyy considering the lower part of the state everything from Moscow down, but have eyes on Boise area, McCall, Ketchum or wherever has the best potential for a short commute, good work life balance for a young family, access to outdoors and where we can potentially do a 1 year owner occupied rental while also possibly flipping some properties.

    I currently work in commercial construction so I'm wanting direct referrals for companies that have a strong reputation for both employment and commercial real estate connections. Thanks so much!

  • Don SpaffordPro Member
    Investor · Idaho Falls, ID · Member since 2016 · 912 posts · 629 votes
    6y

    @Josh Jack For general commercial construction in Idaho Falls and Eastern ID areas, one of the companies I mostly see around is Knife River. I don't have any personal experience with them but they seem to be thriving so I assume that means they are reliable. They would probably be good for large MF as well. For 4 plexes or smaller there are several builders around here that would be good. I can tell you some to avoid but only through a PM. There is a good amount of buildable land in SE Idaho at reasonable prices as compared to the other areas you mentioned. I can help you find something here if interested.

  • Developer · Boise, ID · Member since 2020 · 173 posts · 198 votes
    6y

    Josh,


    We are a multifamily and industrial developer, contractor syndicator and property manager all rolled up into one. I have lived in Boise for 40 years and been building for 25. My brother is a SFH builder and developer in McCall and I would love to chat with you about what we could do to assist you in your relocation education.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.