6 Unit needing a Commercial Loan...Who can make it happen!?

6 Unit needing a Commercial Loan...Who can make it happen!?

Charles FleecePro Member
Rental Property Investor 路 Colorado Springs, CO 路 Member since 2019 路 6 posts 路 1 vote

Grew up in Michigan and now live in Colorado Springs, buying two houses in Kalamazoo Michigan. The houses are on one parcel and would have to be rezoned which would take longer than allowed for the purchase. My numbers were solid with 24% ConC return and now I need some help finding a company to give a loan. I can't do a regular loan since it's more than 4 units on one parcel. Does anyone have connections to get a loan? I'm putting 25% down and don't have any other rentals. Since I live and work out of the state I have been unable to get local banks in MI or CO to help. My bank here could do it if the lot was split but I can't get that done right now. I have a pretty strong credit score and cash reserves to help get a loan. My current bank already approved me for the purchase but can't help on this one (maybe down the road after the purchase and split of the parcel).

Purchase price $175,000 which is currently fully rented at $2985. If I do a commercial loan at a higher rate and shorter-term I still see this as a good investment. Currently waiting to hear back if Rocket Mortgage is able to do this but only left a message for them to get back to me with the details I have them.

If anyone has connections to get a loan or have advice, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance!

0Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Saint Clair Shores, MI 路 Member since 2020 路 10 posts 路 6 votes
6y

I鈥檓 so sorry I am from MI but I don鈥檛 have connections.  But I will warn you not to wait on quicken loans.  They will be the MOST STRICT and likely worst option for this deal.  They are v cookie cutter and straight and narrow on their parameters.  They want retail.  Stoked for you and all the best!!   

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor 路 Portage, MI 路 Member since 2015 路 47 posts 路 11 votes
    6y

    I don鈥檛 have a specific bank lead for you, but have you tried calling local credit unions?  I鈥檝e worked with Lake Michigan Credit Union with good success, but it was a relatively straightforward mortgage loan. Good luck!

  • Saint Clair Shores, MI 路 Member since 2020 路 10 posts 路 6 votes
    6y

    I鈥檓 so sorry I am from MI but I don鈥檛 have connections.  But I will warn you not to wait on quicken loans.  They will be the MOST STRICT and likely worst option for this deal.  They are v cookie cutter and straight and narrow on their parameters.  They want retail.  Stoked for you and all the best!!   

  • Charles FleecePro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor 路 Colorado Springs, CO 路 Member since 2019 路 6 posts 路 1 vote
    6y

    @Couryn Beleck thank you . They contacted me today but can't do the commercial loan. Would have to split the property first.

  • Charles FleecePro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor 路 Colorado Springs, CO 路 Member since 2019 路 6 posts 路 1 vote
    6y

    @Josh Bloomquist the issues we have ran into with local credit unions are they won't lend out of state people who invest or have business out of state.

  • Dylan TanakaPro Member
    Real Estate Agent 路 Detroit, MI 路 Member since 2008 路 455 posts 路 178 votes
    6y

    @Charles Fleece just sent you a colleague request.  Accept it and I'll send you some possible lenders.

  • Charles FleecePro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor 路 Colorado Springs, CO 路 Member since 2019 路 6 posts 路 1 vote
    6y

    @Dylan Tanaka thanks ! I'll check em out when u send them over. 馃憤

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.