Hi Biggerpockets, I’m Zach and I’m 19 looking to invest in Lafayette, Louisiana. My life was consumed in educating myself to feel comfortable investing and I feel I’m finally ready but I also have never heard of anyone on the Biggerpockets podcast investing in Louisiana. So here I am looking to see if anyone can tell me what’s buying and selling here or what is a way that I can find out more about my market?
Rental Property Investor · New Braunfels, TX · Member since 2017 · 42 posts · 32 votes
6y
I'm from Lafayette and own a couple duplexes near downtown. Search for Lafayette on this BP forum and the info on here should supply a good base to start researching additional topics that interest you. If you expand your search to Louisiana. there is more state specific information to educate yourself.
I wish someone would have given me this information when I was your age. Buy small multifamily or something with multiple buildings/rooms that will get your started on house hacking(look it up if you don't already know). This will save you money and can generate income. Goodluck!