what are some good Title Companies in Minnesota?

what are some good Title Companies in Minnesota?

Investor · Twin cities Minnesota · Member since 2020 · 20 posts · 1 vote

The title companies around ( Saint Paul Minnesota )me have crazy fees. What are some good ones? 

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 4 votes
5y

Check out Nicole Paulson and her team at Title-Smart (White Bear Lake).  I believe they are price competitive, competent and easy to work with.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    Ty, I am a newb on the real estate investing scene, but for our recently purchased house (our primary residence) we used Custom Home Builders Title. We live in Lake Elmo, MN and the purchase price of the house was ~$570,000. Here were our title fees:

    -Closing Fee = $295.00

    -Lender's Title Insurance = $1044.00

    -Title Services = $620.00

    I honestly don't know if these fees were high, low, or about right as I am new to the scene... How are these numbers compared to the quotes you are receiving?

  • Investor · Minnetonka, MN · Member since 2016 · 123 posts · 86 votes
    5y

    I have used West Title many times and find their fees reasonable and service excellent, catering to the investment crowd. They've even got a $25 quick title check to find surprises before putting in an offer.

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    I don't know about MN, but in OR title insurance rates (the most expensive) are set by the state insurance commissioner, so there shouldn't be that much difference.

  • Real Estate Broker · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y

    Minnesota Title is one of the top 3 to use in Twin Cities, and they are really geared into virtual closings. I have ran some very complicated closings through them and they got it done. Fee's are always very fair and as for myself they give me a guaranteed price match, can't say that will extend to anyone/everyone as I run a volume of closings with them but shows they are great on relationship business. 

  • Investor · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    Check out Nicole Paulson and her team at Title-Smart (White Bear Lake).  I believe they are price competitive, competent and easy to work with.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.