Can't cash flow positive through seller financing

Can't cash flow positive through seller financing

Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 0 votes

I've looked at multiple homes recently because I am considering seller financing. However when looking at these deals, I so far cannot find one that will cash flow positive. Only negative. I realize since seller financing terms a shorter which causes the monthly payment would be higher but I do have to ask, is that the norm that real estate investors go through with seller financing is to cash flow negative each month? 

0Reply
18 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Riverside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y

    It is really hard to compare apples to apples here because seller financing allows you to do more or less whatever terms you and the seller agree to, that could be amortizing over 30 years or it could be interest only over 3 with a balloon at the end, so you can propose different structures to get you where you need to go.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.