Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 2 votes
Hello,
I am new to Dallas and looking for buy & hold rental properties. Where are some good locations that would be worth checking out with high rent to buy ratios? I am look for single family or small multi-family properties. I appreciate any suggestions that you may have!
Flipper/Rehabber · DFW · Member since 2020 · 374 posts · 208 votes
5y
@Chris M. Geiger They're everywhere. Would love to learn a little bit more about your criteria. Are you local to DFW looking for an investment home? Is this your first home purchase looking to house hack? Is your financing in order? Are you in research mode? I would love to help out where I can, but would love to know where you are at in your real estate investing career.
Flipper/Rehabber · DFW · Member since 2020 · 374 posts · 208 votes
5y
@Chris M. Geiger They're everywhere. Would love to learn a little bit more about your criteria. Are you local to DFW looking for an investment home? Is this your first home purchase looking to house hack? Is your financing in order? Are you in research mode? I would love to help out where I can, but would love to know where you are at in your real estate investing career.
Property Manager · Dallas, TX · Member since 2020 · 109 posts · 79 votes
5y
@Richard Helppie-Schmieder is right. Honestly as the above posters have said, they're everywhere. It just depends on the deal. Our company manages hundreds of properties all throughout DFW and North Texas, pin pointing that "money spot" region is hard. But I personally like the outlier cities surrounding the main part of Dallas and Ft. Worth. Deals can be had in Arlington too if you know where to look.
Realtor · Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 925 votes
5y
@Chris M. Geiger. For the most part DFW no longer hits the 1% rule. For me a good deal is .8-.9% rent ratio.
As far as a good area, that’s a loaded; what is your price range? Risk tolerance? T/K or do you want to rehab and if so yourself or hire contractors ? Will you hire a PM or manage it yourself ?
As you are local you have an advantage over OOS areas, have you driven around ?