Creating a Leads Funnel

Creating a Leads Funnel

Rental Property Investor · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 3 votes

I have purchased a few homes from the MLS and want to ramp up the number of homes that we are buying.

I am curious what you guys think is the most effective way to start generating new leads.

I don't have any experience with getting new leads have always worked with agents to get my leads. 

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Curt DavisBusiness Member
Flipper/Rehabber · Memphis, TN · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
5y
Direct mail, text message marketing, ringless voice messages, and cold calling!! 

They all work, just have to find one or two ways and get started!
Curt Davis - KAIZEN Realty538 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Curt DavisBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Memphis, TN · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y
    Direct mail, text message marketing, ringless voice messages, and cold calling!! 

    They all work, just have to find one or two ways and get started!
    Curt Davis - KAIZEN Realty538 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Curt Davis I would love it if you could share some specifics on how you got started doing those things and what you found to work best for you? Also for someone only looking for 10 deals a year would you think that the money would be better spent learning about auctions and other ways to buy off-market homes?

  • Real Estate Consultant · Lawrence, MA · Member since 2020 · 216 posts · 157 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Curt Davis:
    Direct mail, text message marketing, ringless voice messages, and cold calling!! 

    They all work, just have to find one or two ways and get started!

    These are the core 4 lead gen areas that you can jump on today. Curt's right, the most important thing is to get started. 

    Happy to chat about direct to seller marketing strategy if you have some time. The best deals are usually found off market!

  • Specialist · Member since 2019 · 494 posts · 220 votes
    5y

    @Trevor Davidson - I agree that direct mail is very effective. You should work with a list broker to create a list of motivated sellers.

    Be careful that you aren't mailing to people getting mail from all the other investors. Absentee Owners have been popular for a long time, and are apparently still somewhat effective (people are still mailing to them) but they are getting multiple offers to buy their home. It's hard to stand out.

    There are some owner-occupied segments with people who share motivating factors for selling their home.

    Seniors with Long-time Ownership: often ready to downsize or transition to assistance.

    Homeowners with Low Financial Stability Scores (FSS): Struggling financially and likely ready to cash in on their asset.

    Both these categories have additional advantages in that they probably don’t haven’t been updated and may have deferred maintenance. They won’t be expecting the same money as their neighbors with the shiny new kitchen and fresh paint.

    Good Luck

  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2019 · 52 posts · 35 votes
    5y

    @May Emery Thank you for the advice. Seniors are a great demographic to focus on for the off market properties.

    @Curt Davis We will be trying the strategies you have mentioned. Could you please suggest where can I find the content that goes in to this approaches. I believe the content should be straight forward and appealing for generating any leads. Thank you

  • Curt DavisBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Memphis, TN · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Varun Talluri Ppl get the list from places like Propstream or ListSource.

    @Trevor Davidson  Currently as we speak, I just finished a direct mail campaign and a text campaign. I sent out 1,000 postcards and the total with postcards, postage, and a list was around $875. I generated 1 actual deal I am putting under contract that should net me around $25k when done.

    For my text message campaign, I paid $100 to get a list of 10,000 leads, it cost .15c per lead to skip trace which was $1,500 and then $500 to text all of them. Total all-in was $2,100. I secured 2 deals from this which one is projected to net around $30k and the other about $16k.

    I hope this helps!! Text messaging is cheaper and you get instant results. 

    Curt Davis - KAIZEN Realty538 Reviews
  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2019 · 52 posts · 35 votes
    5y

    @Curt Davis Thank you. The deals generated from the campaign is impressive. Could you please share the details of what focus groups / demographics / area / property type you have targeted for this campaign and how you got the contact details. This is really interesting!  

  • Curt DavisBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Memphis, TN · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Varun Talluri  I targetd the following on 1 list:

    Absentee owner, 35% equity +, have owned the home for 5yrs + 

    Curt Davis - KAIZEN Realty538 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · North Alabama · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Trevor Davidson Hi Trevor, I am located in Florence, AL and found your post while searching for answers to your same question. My husband and I would love to connect with you, we just moved back to AL from WA State and would love to start meeting other local investors. Reach out if you'd be interested in grabbing coffee with us, look forward to hearing from you!

  • Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 691 votes
    5y

    @Trevor Davidson I'd encourage you to cold call. That was the highest converting marketing strategy for us. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.